Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A little bit of knit and a little bit of that

Hark, my bloggy friends! It's been a good while since I have sat down and did a nice blog, so today is your lucky day (to be baptized in the Greek Orthodox Church)! Anyone?

First things first, Caps is having a wee bit of a contest. Just follow the link and you can enter to win a 4 disc Very Chappy Christmas cd set and a little piece of knitty handcrafty heaven. Tell her that I sent you and you can get two entries! Ok, maybe not, but you should still enter.

Now, down to business. Things are going ok, winter seems to be considering rearing it's ugly head here in Alabama....sure is a good thing I have this lovely Quickie Cowl that I whipped up to keep my neck warm! I used Cascade baby Alpaca yarn and it is SOOO nice. Shhh! Don't tel Peta.




Nothing like a nice self portrait to show of a little handcraftiness. Just one more up close picture so you can really see the lace rib pattern.


Sunday was a great day here in the land of Bammie. I was sitting minding my own business (which means knitting) and Abby decides she wants to learn how to knit. Then Mo chimes in and agrees. We sat down in the living room floor and the knitty ensued. They both picked it up rather quickly and aren't doing too bad if I do say so myself....and I do.













I have also been compiling a mental list of knitty goods for Christmas, and since you have been good I will give you a sneak peak.
My grandma will get some yummy slippers made out of this yummy yarn.
I will attempt to make a wonderful Celtic Cable Neckwarmer out of this delicious red Natural Caron yarn if I can ever find a cable needle.
Seriously, does anyone in the state carry cable needles? I have been to the Hobe (that's what I like to call Hobby Lobby) and they have none. Three different Walmarts, negative. My LYS not a single one to be found! If I only had a smelting pot I could make one myself....but alas, the hunt continues.
In more knitty knews (snark!) I started a charity knitting group at my church. I am really excited to be able to donate my love of the knitty to those in need. This month we are knitting and/or crocheting baby washcloths to the local battered women's shelter. Now, my lady says I need a washcloth intervention. But I'm gonna tell you something. I love knitting them. They are fast and easy. I particularly like to knit them up while I am watching t.v. or when I am on the go.....I have made so many that I know the pattern by heart and it's an easy start-stop project.
Now, in knon knitty(I am on a roll today) related news, well not much to report. The semester is coming to a close and I couldn't be happier. I will have 5 glorious weeks of no school! I can't believe I only have one semester left before I start nursing school. Time flies.....even when you aren't having fun.

I have also become acquainted with the world of deadbeat daddery. Nice job fella, that's what I say. I have started looking for some sort of job that will work around my school/family/sleeping schedule. Only problem is, there aren't too many jobs out there! I'd like to find something where I have no responsibilities whatsoever and a boss that doesn't mind if I fill my time doing homework and knitting. If you have any leads let me know!
I am off to write a process speech that is due tomorrow, I will bring the love of knitty to the students of JSU. Yes, yes I will.

4 comments:

Caps said...

Oh Lady. I love all your knitty. I love to see the pictures of my lady babies knitting. PS you still have to send me the write out for the celtic cable pattern.

Anonymous said...

Oh there is my friend Wonder, I had thought you might have been kidnapped by Steve Perry.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Caps lady, I see you called the other night, and I need to return the phone call. Be patient, hopefully on Sunday?? Love reading your blog, too, and wish you would blog more often....glad Moe and Abby are into the knitting. Such fun!!! Hugs and kisses for my bammie fammy!

Reenie said...

Hey that's cute ~ Celtic Cable Neckwarmer. I could wear that on the Harley when we ride when it's cooler.

Wonder ~ you look great....I hope you are doing well, and I'm glad to see an update.

Reenie ~ friend of Caps & Christy.