Monday, November 24, 2008

One part The Mama's and the Papa's and two parts Beach Boys

So today I was driving to my American Lit. class, listening to the radio, and NOT talking on my cell phone b/c my soon to be wuzband had it disconnected (this is me not being bitter), and guess what I heard?! Come on, guess!!

It was Wilson Phillips! "Hold On" to be exact. Now, I must admit, I like Wilson Philips. Now when I say that, I am talking about pre-1994 Wilson Philips. Pre-Daniel Baldwin marries Chyna, Wilson Philips. Pre-Carnie has stomach surgery on the internets and still goes on Celebrity Fit Club, Wilson Phillips. Circa the "other" girl dresses kind of trampy and seems to just sit on a giant rock on the beach while they sing and Carnie looks way too hot in head-to-toe all black and should consider a different cut for those bangs, Wilson Philips.

Did you know, if you turn the radio up loud enough, you sound just like them? It's like you are the missing member. You should call them, tell them that you can harmonize with them perfectly and tell them they don't know what they are missing without you. While you're at it, you might as well tell them that you have the power to resurrect their careers with your awesome vocalics.
Listening to them gave me a bit of a flashback to middle school. Man, those were the days and I didn't even know it! I had the most awesome hair in all the land, and a leather bomber jacket to go with it! Tight rolling and multiple pairs of socks were all the rage and so was tucking in only the front of your shirt, all of which I rocked by the way.







Yep, that's me. I told you I had awesome hair. 1991 is where it's at.









Those were the days when a girl wasn't ashamed to carry a (full size)can of Rave or Aquanet in her purse. It was a status symbol really. Rave Extra Hold for me, can't have those bangs drooping half-way through the day!

I also kept all of my Wet N' Wild makeup in one of these! Yes my bloggy friend, it's a Caboodle. You know you had one, and if you didn't know you wanted one. I seem to recollect having a travel sized one to keep in my purse as well....

Yes, those were the days of Wilson Philips, Color Me Bad, and Prince. Throw in a little Guns N' Roses and some Bon Jovi to go with it and what more could a girl with lacquered hair ask for? Nothing, that's what I say. Well, maybe some Pop Rocks and a glass bottle of Mountain Dew or something, but that's it!

5 comments:

Caps said...

Vocalics?

Really?

And you call yourself a college student.

Anonymous said...

Oh don't forget the Jolt Cola, "All the sugar and 2x the caffine"

Anonymous said...

That last one was me by the way..

Christy

Monique said...

OMGoodness! I had a pink one. I loved my Caboodles case. Wonder what happened to it. Hmm. (scratching head)

corrie said...

you so nailed it! My bangs looked just like that! My mom called it the birds nest. and one time at school someone threw gum into my birds nest. That was such a horrible day for my fragile, trying to be cool freshman self. ugh.