Saturday, August 22, 2009

So a lot has been happening in the last 3 months since I've last blogged. I know, 3 months....forgive me if your life has seemed lifeless and dull without me, but life is busy kids.

So.....an update for those who are still out in bloggyland.

Update #1

My divorce is final! Now, for those of you whom I see and talk to on a regular basis, this is no big news. I seem to recall several lunches and a couple of nights out that celebrated this. But....this is the first time I have actually felt like it was ok to shout it to the world, or in this case, the blog. The finality of a divorce is a momentous occasion. Bittersweet, hopeful, sadness, excitement, freedom, and fear of what is yet to come all rolled into one. So, I am O-fficially on the market. Send your rich, handsome prospects my way....in an orderly fashion please.
*This is an alcohol free Martini by the way, which would make it an empty glass with an olive.

Update #2

I got into Nursing School! Again, no big surprise for most of you. But I did it! There were a few times along the way, where I didn't think it was going to happen....I love it when I'm wrong sometimes! So now, after $775 in books, $325 for well, I'm not quite sure yet, but they say I have to pay them, $75 for uniforms, $259 for a physical and immunizations, $35 for a new parking sticker, and another $300 or so that I have yet to spend on a stethoscope, shoes, and other sorts of nursey goodies that I'll need, I am ready. I honestly could have bought myself a nice little vacation at the beach with all that cash...but let's face it, the beach isn't going to get me a job. I am also accepting donations, inquire within.


I am grateful for the support I've had from my friends and family. I seriously have some of the greatest friends! They watch my kids when I have a test to study for, take the kids to their respective practices when I need them to, cook dinners, clean houses, talk me through my nervous breakdowns and never let me doubt myself. They also provide hours of comic relief and the occasional game night when we all have time to squeeze it in. You know who you are, and I seriously love you guys! Now, for those naysayers (I am going to be using that word a LOT more.....it's fun to say...go ahead, say it), I only have one thing to say, "Neener neener".

Update #3


This update is directly related to Update #2, and not to be confused with a potential 4th update. My life has officially been signed away for the next 2 years. I am willing to bet that the overall quality of my blogginess is going to go downhill a this point. So, I have made a decision. Now, let us not panic, I am still going to TRY to blog on occasion. I do think however, that I am going to take a cue from my friend Corrie and keep it simple. I love reading her blog, because she gets right to the point of whatever it is that she feels like saying. No long drawn out updates or stories, no need to feel like she needs to share every aspect of her life with those in the blogosphere....I think I just made that up...and I like it, and if blogosphere has been used before, I don't want to hear it....in my mind, I invented it, Christopher Columbused it if you will. Yes, I will, thank you.


Update #4
The 4th update is, well, there is no 4th update. But I mentioned it in my 3rd update, and felt pressured to have a 4th. So here it is, in all of it's gloriousness.

I will hopefully see you soon my bloggies....and I do have some funny stories for you, just not sure if I'm ready to share them yet!

2 comments:

Bean Counting Knitter said...

Way to go on nursing school and the divorce. I look forward to your next blog update. :-)

corrie said...

You rock pretty lady! Ave! to the Christopher Columbuser of the pack! I want to Chris Columbus something...
And definately MORE NAYSAYER-ing!
you make me happy.