Friday, June 6, 2008

Doogie Howser M.D. reporting for duty!

Just in case you were wondering how my sunburn is doing, it's worse. I broke down and bought some Solarcane today only to return to Walgreen's three hours later to pick up a prescription my doctor called in for me.

You have to love doctors in the south. Sometimes I think I could be one. I will relay my conversation with my doctor:

Me: Hello?

Dr: Mrs. Meetchell?

Me: Yes?

Dr: Iss Dr. Ismail, you got bad sunburn huh?


Me: Yes, it happened Wednesday. I have used a suntan gel and Solarcane which both contain Lidocane, neither one helps for very long. It's hurts pretty bad, I think I need something stronger.

Dr: Hmmm, where is your sunburn?

Me: On my shoulders, upper arms and back.

Dr. Do you have blisters?

Me: No.

Dr: (thinking pause) I am trying to think.

Me: I'll tell you what I would like. I had some Silvadene cream a few years back for a burn and it worked really well.

Dr: Yes, Silvadene cream is good, I will call it in now.

I'm telling you, I am a regular Doogie Howser MD (except I'm 30....and not a boy....and I'm not a Dr., but other than that...). My doctor is just the middle man (an expensive middle man at that). I think from now on I should be allowed to write my own prescriptions. The last time I went to the Dr. (same one) I told him what prescriptions I needed then.

But alas, now I have blisters. I am convinced it was from the cream I prescribed myself. At least it's speeding up the whole process, I have things to do this weekend.
Since I am on the topic of what I am good at, I am also good at rescuing traveling husbands with flat tires who are in the middle of nowhere. It's a natural talent I do believe.

If it weren't for the sun I'd be unstoppable.

No comments: