Monday, June 2, 2008

Knitty knitty bang bang



Hold on to your pants, I have a lot to say today.

I have this thing, more like an obsession. The obsession is knowing things. I like to know things. I like to know how to do things, and I like to show people the things I know and the things I know how to do. Follow?

This past week when I was in the good ol' Lonestar State I learned how to knit. It has become my new obsession. I know all of two stitches, and have no clue how to read a pattern (I like to start small). I might also add I have become an excellent washcloth knitter. Yes, I knit. I am a knitter. Wash clothes are pretty simple and are still holding my attention at this point. So, if you are on my Christmas list, guess what you are getting!? Below is an example of my handcraftiness. Note my new bamboo needles

Now, for my second little nugget of exciting news. I met a knitty friend today! Yes, I did. Her name is Linda and we shall knit together. I took my mother in-law to the Dr. today and while I was knitty my pants off in the waiting room a lady came up to me and said "I have my knitting stuff too, you have to do something while you wait". I concurred and explained that I had just learned how and I loved it. She proceeded to invite me to Knit Knight (I don't know if it's really spelled that way, but that is how I will spell it cause nobody is the boss) at a local yarn shop. I am totally there I said. Thursday's from 6-9, and get this, you can bring your kids! Don't know if I'll go that far but hey, it's nice to know I can bring my kids if I need to!
I also happened to be at the Walmart today and found some nice bamboo needles for $2.44. It's my lucky day I said to myself. This is quite the bargain since Cathie paid $11 for hers. $2.44 can you believe it?! I also got some yummy yarn to make my wash clothes with. Oh, fun times are ahead. I also got some scrumptious 100% cotton yarn for $1.27. I am raking in the good fortune!

I am sad that I will soon start my summer classes, (although the knit shop I just found out about is less than one mile from JSU and right on the way home. I don't even have to cross the street). this is going to seriously going to infringe on my knitting time. But then again, who needs to be a nurse when you can knit!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lady!!! The love of the knitty is all around!!!

PS You said wash clothes. Hahaha.

PSS go to www.ravelry.com and join. It's fun. We will be knitty friends together on the Internets.

Caps said...

Lady, there are only 2 stitches. Knit and Purl. You know all the stitches!! It's what you do with those stitches that makes patterns, etc.
Oh and I don't know why my last comment appeared under annonymous. That is weird and I didn't do that on purpose.