Thursday, August 21, 2008

Everyone goes to Milo's!

Yesterday my friend Julie and I ventured off to the Birmingham Temple. We left home at about 8:20 and by the time left the temple it was right at 12:30. Hunger had stricken us both quite some time before and the mission was to find lunch. We drove for a bit to see what was near and had almost decided on Pizza Hut when we spotted a Milo's.
I have seen the commercials for years and even catch myself singing their jingle sometimes, but I have never been there, niether had Julie. We like to live on the edge so we decided to go. I have heard that Milos has the best hamburgers ever. We both ordered the same thing......cheeseburger, fries, apple pie, and diet coke (we are watching our calories). The burger had pickles, onions and Milo sauce......the Milo sauce tasted more like BBQ sauce, so I am wondering why they decided to call it Milo sauce, my bet is it came right out of a Bullseye bottle. I guess everyone wants to have their own sauce, it's kind of a status symbol in the fast food world I guess. This is my friend Julie enjoying her burger. There is a possibility that we may not be friends anymore once I post this picture. I would kill someone if they did it to me, but since it's my blog and I am in charge of the picture department.
Julie, I swear if I had that fancy shmancy black bar over they eyes tool I would totally use it. But I don't.
I think Julie thought I was a bit of a freak for taking pictures of my burger and the Milo's sign, and the sneak attack I pulled of her eating her burger, whatevs. That's what I have to say to that.
I have to say, I was a little disappointed. I was expecting fireworks. There were none. My cheeseburger was good, as were the fries, I was just expecting SO much more. One thing I did appreciate was the hairnet factor. Everyone with longer hair working in the back had on a hairnet. God bless whoever came up with that rule! That alone might just make me go back.
I also realized after looking at the Milo's website, Milo's is only in Birmingham! I thought they were nationwide! Silly me. Maybe they would accomplish that if they would put some lettuce and tomato on those burgers!
Going to the temple inspired me to pull out my family history and do a little work on it. I finally broke down and brushed up on the new Family search website which is a little bit awesome. I like it much better than the original now that I sat down and tinkered with it a little bit. I have a lot of work to do though.

Well, my Milo's rant is over, I am off to do laundry, clean house, and enjoy my last week of freedom before JSU reclaims my life. The countdown has officially begun.

3 comments:

Caps said...

I have never heard of this place. No doubt because I live in Texas. As opposed to Alabama. Is it pronounced Mee-lohs? Or My-lohs?

Now I want a burger with BBQ sauce on it.

And it's only 9:48 in the morning.

Darn it.

Darn it all to heck.

cathylim said...

Oh, yeah. I haven't "goed" to "Milo's" in a good 12 or 13 years, since I actually lived in Birmingham. And since I don't drink tea, then their famous sweet tea is out of the question.

cathylim said...

Oh, and -- go, Julie!!! Looking fabulous. Exactly.