Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The return of the Jedi (um, that would make ME a JEdi)!

I have been gone for a long time. I had these delusions of grandeur that when summer term was over I was going to be a knitty bloggy fool. I would do the aforementioned like I was getting paid to do it. For the record, I have been out one week, this is my first blog and I have yet to pick up a pair of sticks. Alas.

A lot has been going on, so I will update you, my bloggy friends. First, I'd like to report my grades for summer term. I got an A (woot) in the first section of Anatomy and Physiology and a B (blah) in the second. Not too bad I guess, considering that each was a full semester of material crammed into four weeks. One thing I won't miss about A &P (that's cool college kid slang for Anatomy and Physiology, I like to think I made it up, but I didn't) is my professor. I couldn't find a picture of him online, but I have found photograph of our class that I would like to share with you.Dr. James Rayburn. He has given me a new appreciation for the English language and the importance of the correct pronunciation of it. I'm telling you, this man could take the word "it" and come up with 43 different ways to say it. It's unlike anything I have ever seen in my life, and 7:30 in the morning is just a little too early to try to filter out the mispronunciations and compute the correct word.

In other news, I have been diagnosed with sleep apnea. Yes, it's the condition that makes old people stop breathing when they sleep. I have obstructive sleep apnea to be specific. I have been told that I snore like a freight train. I however contest this accusation since I sleep with myself EVERY night and I have never once woke myself up. Come on! So, I went to have a sleep study done, it was nice, like a little hotel room. They brought me root beer and water, offered me snacks and had some yummy little banana bread muffins waiting for me when I woke up. According to them I stopped breathing 50 times in about 3 1/2 hours and woke up (which translates into coming out of deep sleep) 42 times in one hour. No wonder I was tired all the time!!!!! I'm going to tell you, I feel amazing since I have remedied the problem, but unfortunately this is what the remedy is:



















I look like the love child of a Hoover and a Snork. It's very alluring and I have had a long line of suitors at my back door ever since.








It could be worse though. I could have been fitted with this puppy.






Ok, now onto my last topic of the day. I have to limit myself so I can save it up. Now you know my friend Cathie. We have been best friends since the tenth grade. We were pretty much attached at the hip until I moved to Alabama when I was 18. She moved to Texas a couple of years ago, and we rarely get to see each other. Now about two years ago, I met another Cathy, Cathy Number 5 (anyone? please tell me you get this). Cathy Number 5 and I have become good friends and then guess what happens?! She moves. Wah! Her husband Marce ( I know, it's short for Marcelino, and I lovingly refer to him as Marge......whether he likes it or not, who knows, he might have relocated to get away from me and my name calling) got a new j0b. Yay for them, not yay for me. So, now I am Cathyless again. What gives folks?! I will miss them both like crazy, but the lovely entertainment center they left behind in my living room is softening the blow a little. I will think of them often, like whenever I see a physical therapist...that's Filipino......with glasses.....and a double crown, or whenever I hear Aerosmith and Run D.M.C. on the radio. I know they will miss me too, especially the next time they play Cranium. They are going to be in a world of hurt when they don't' have my mad Humdinger skills there to score them some points.
I will also now commence my first contest. I KNOW! A CONTEST! You can win some of my knitty handcraftiness! If you get my Cathy Number 5 reference, leave me a comment and I will enter you to win a nice little set of dishcloths! Won't they look too cute hanging near your sink?! I got this pattern from I live on farm , which has all kinds of nifty patterns and nuggets. You can use them for more than just dishcloths too! This pattern was actually meant to be a set of baby washcloths, I just made them a little larger. They look like this:


Heck, even if you don't know, enter anyway. I'm not choosy. Who am I to discriminate against those who don't get my exceptional humor and wit. Ok kids, you have until Thursday at midnight!
Well, I guess that's it for today. I am excited to watch my new favorite show tonight, The Secret Life of the American Teenager, yes, I am fifteen, didn't I tell you that? I might just pair up my show with a little knitty too!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a friend of Cathie Lang. I love all the stories she used to tell me about you guys. I am still in MI, and miss her, but keep up with her blogs. You may have noticed my pet rats recently on her blog. she is very nice to put them there. i too have been told i snore horribly, havent had time to do the sleep study. maybe i should...
Anyway, cathie sent me to your blog to enter your contest. i love how you guys are knitters!!
have a great day!

Caps said...

Lady, please do not consider this as entry into your contest. I do not feel that, as ladies, I should enter your contest. You understand. Not that I wouldn't love some of your knitty goodness. Anyway, I put a shout out on my blog to your blog, so hopefully you will get some traffic for your contest. :) Also, I love you but the black sucks. Please change it. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Wooooonder ~ I'm so glad that you are back.....I have missed your crazy blogs. Good job on both your grades ~ EXCELLENT:)

I hope you are sleeping soundly now=) That contraption looks better than the ones years ago!

Now the Cathy 5 ~ I reckon it's the 5th Cathy that you know!?!

Take care and I can't wait to read you again ~ Reenie ~

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say, I LOVE your new color.......the black was YUCKY!!

~ Reenie ~

Ria said...

I totally feel for you. I am currently Sal-less. it is really tough. I have had a Sal since I was in the 4th grade. My most recent Sal (Sal #6) just got a really big promotion, and he has visited me at work about 4 times in the last year ( I work near a place his new position sends him 4 training) but I'm kinda lost. My husband found a Sal at his bowling league, but it didn't work out. I have found a carl- but it just isn't the same.

Ria- Tonyfan20 on Ravelry

JudyAnn said...

So... Cathy number 5... you've really made me feel like an idiot for not knowing what you mean! Perhaps the Chatty Cathy doll that came out with it's 5th body style in the 60's... or maybe it's a loose reference to Johnny 5... or maybe it's some crazy inside joke that I'll never know because we're not really "tight" if you know what I mean. LOL. Anyway, I love your pic of our class and I'm so glad I'm not the only one that went crazy over "carbamic" and "neuronal"... Enjoy the rest of your summer!

penney said...

I love your blogs and your knitting is lovely!
Have a great day.
Penney