Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Look out Bob Vila!

Some really important t.v. guy called.....they want me to replace Bob Vila.

I'll tell you what, I have spent the last week busting my hump being a fabulous home improvement queen. I finally tackled one of my bathrooms. It was a horrid sight to see before, and now it is a little fabulous if I do say so myself. With the help of some great friends we managed to revamp the loo in about 2 1/2 days. Of course I forgot to take proper before pictures, I did remember about half way through, and you will be pleased to know you are still able to see the vomit inducing green bows in the before pic. Hold on to your cookies, here it is.









Now, the picture is not exactly flattering of those in it, so the people shall remain nameless (see Karen and Maryann, I am considerate!).











Now, I want you to notice the flooring. A nice blend of poopy browns once graced my floor. No longer! Also featured in this picture is my friend Karen's husband Tom. Tom came over late one night to remove the toilet and fix the sink. He also showed up in coveralls. You really don't see enough guys in coveralls these days.





And now for the after pictures. Please note: this is an immediate after picture that means my pictures are not on the wall and the calking has not been done around the tub, but it's better than nothing!






Laid this floor myself, I did. I have discovered I am quite talented at the ways of vinyl flooring. I did have some help, but darn it, they look pretty good!











Not sure what I was thinking my taking a picture at this angle. Note how the the toilet really brings out the purple in the shower curtain!




















We will eventually redo the "theme" of the bathroom. Since this is the kids bathroom, they have chosen monkeys. I found a fabulous shower curtain and some whatnots at Bed Bath and Beyond.


We also ripped out the carpet in my dining room. Why would anyone in their right mind put down carpet over hard wood. Better yet, why would anyone put down carpet over a room that is surround by rooms that still have hardwood? I don't know kids, I don't know.





I of course forgot to take before pics, but with a fresh coat of paint and the hardwood floors, it really brightens up the joint!


A word to the wise for anyone with carpet. I was appalled by the amount of dirt under the padding. I mean it was seriously some nasty business.


That's it for now, stay tuned tomorrow for another nugget.

P.S. Bob Vila, you better watch your back!

1 comment:

Caps said...

Oh lady your dining room floors look a muy marvelous. Lady maybe if you get a Big Time TV Gig, you could meet Ty Pennington. Give him my number will you? I'm just sayin'.