Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Only in Alabama


Some things are only acceptable in the south. For some reason the differences between the south and north have really been on my mind lately. For any of you who are from the north and never really spent any quality below the Mason-Dixon, this blog doesn't do this topic justice. It's one of those things you have to see to believe.

Don't get me wrong, the south is beautiful, the people are by far much nicer, and the pace of everyday life is a little slower. But, I can't wait to move, and when I get out of school I am outy 5000. Haven't heard that one in a while have ya?
So, I must explain how this blog was conceived. It started with my grandpa. I love this man like no other. But folks, he is a nut. A nut I say. I can't really put my finger on one single incident that makes him crazy because there isn't just ONE, there are many, simple everyday acts that let you know the man might not be playing with a full deck, but in a good way. So I give you a picture of my grandfather's tractor. You could only get away with driving this bad boy in Alabama.



Now for those of you who are not very observant, here is the close up.



I tried to give my grandpa the cup off of the back of his tractor, but it is actually bolted down. He explained that's where he put his bottle of water when he's cutting the grass (Duh!). I laughed, made fun, then totally utilized the "redneck cup holder". It was a pretty fabulous idea

No comments: